Silva 1.5 released
Publication date: 2.February.2006, 18:33
2 february 2006 – Infrae has just released version 1.5 of the Silva content management system.
Silva 1.5 is the first Silva release that really starts using Zope 3 technology in the core, and is the first step in a longer evolution. It does not have a lot of externally visible feature changes, but focuses on making Silva work with Zope 2.8 and Five 1.2.
Some of the changes:
- Silva now uses Zope 3 interfaces. SilvaLayout (to be released) does not have to create Zope 3 marker interfaces anymore.
- Silva now uses the Five/Zope 3 i18n architecture. PlacelessTranslationService is not in use anymore.
- Use Zope 2.8 style ZODB transactions.
- Some view code has been converted to be based on Zope 3 views.
- Some adapters have been converted to be true Zope 3 adapters.
See doc/developer_changes.txt in the Silva core package for more details about these changes. And of course a lot of bugs have been squashed: see HISTORY.txt in the package for complete details.
What is Silva?
Silva is an enterprise-class CMS for managing content for the web, print, and other media. Content is stored in clean and future-proof XML, independent of layout and presentation. Features include a multi-version workflow system, XSLT rendering support, integral WYSIWYG editor (Kupu), content reuse in multiple publications, sophisticated access management, extensive import/export facilities, fine-grained templating, and hi-res image storage and manipulation. Silva is entirely open source.
For more complete information, see the Silva Product Pages at https://infrae.com/products/silva/.
The package can be downloaded from https://infrae.com/download/Silva/.
Links to developer mailing lists, the issue tracker, and info about CVS access can be found on the Silva Product pages.
FMI contact Martijn Faassen, faassen at infrae com, +31 10 243 7051.