Silva News Network
Silva News Network is a news application and framework for Silva that can be used to turn websites into a sophisticated news publishing and aggregation network.
Silva News Network provides a News & Events extension for Silva that runs out-of-the-box. It offers the capability to deploy multiple News Sources within an organization, say, in different departments, where some or all sources can be aggregated into a central news page. The different departments might have their own news page too. By adjusting SNN filters, editors can choose what target audiences and subjects their Aggregator collects, and have granular control of display down to an article level.
SNN Viewers can be used ‘as is’ for a news page, or be included inline into a document. Silva templates can display news feeds in a related column. Silva News Network has RSS extensions; a news Viewer can publish its contents as RSS. There is also an RSS Aggregator that can be used to pick up and display news from other SNN sources or external RSS and Atom feeds.
Starting with the Silva 2.1 release, we'll be distributing Silva News Network with the Silva core, making the compatibility list below moot.
- SilvaNewsNetwork 2.9 requires Silva 2.3
- SilvaNewsNetwork 2.7 and 2.8 requires Silva 2.2
- SilvaNewsNetwork 2.6 requires Silva 2.1
- SilvaNewsNetwork 2.5 requires Silva 2.0
- SilvaNewsNetwork 2.4 requires Silva 1.6
- SilvaNewsNetwork 2.1 to 2.3 requires Silva 1.5
- SilvaNewsNetwork 2.0 requires Silva 1.4
- SilvaNews 1.2 needs Silva 1.3
- SilvaNews 1.0 is compatible with Silva 1.0 and Silva 1.1
Note that, before Silva 2.1, Silva News Network was also distributed in a package with the most commonly used Silva packages. Locate the tarball called ‘extra’ for the Silva version you’re using.
FMI contact Kit Blake, kitblake at infrae com, +31 10 243 7051.
License: New BSD