Document Library 1.2b Released
Publication date: 21.November.2006, 10:05
20 november 2006 – Infrae has just released version 1.2b of Document Library. This release adds LDAP authentication support, file system storage based on Tramline, simplified installation with Zope Buildout, and automated functional tests.
What is Document Library?
Document Library is a document management application intended for the tracking of large amounts of documents in an organization. Document Library is built with Zope3 and is open source. It is also open data: the contents of Document Library can be harvested using the standard OAI-PMH protocol and integrated with other applications. Integration with the Silva CMS using this technology is provided.
- Easy installation, using Zope Buildout.
- LDAP support, based on ldappas and ldapadapter.
- Filesystem storage support, based on Tramline and hurry.file.
- A more reliable conversion between file formats, provided by the OooConv conversion server, which now has an easy way to install too.
- Now uses zc.table (a new dependency) to draw document listing screens.
- Removed IP-based groups support. This was no longer a requirement of the customer and a bit of an implementation liability, so instead chose to remove a lot of code. If you do require IP based groups support in the Document Library, please contact Infrae and tell us about your requirements.
- LDAP authentication support.
For more information and a complete feature list see the Document Library product page on the Infrae site.
Thanks to the people at the University of Bedfordshire for their ideas, feedback, and vision.
The Document Library application can be downloaded from
FMI contact Daniel Nouri, daniel at infrae com, +31 10 243 7051.