Silva 1.4 released
Publication date: 21.November.2005, 07:29
9 november 2005 – Infrae has just released version 1.4 of the Silva content management system. This is a feature release, with the following additions:
- Kupu 1.3 support, see kupu.oscom.org for changes
- New field “hide from toc” in metadata to exclude items from Tables of Contents and navigation
- Added support for relative links to Link objects
- Added variable width support for table cells
- Lookup window (link and image target browsers) cleanup and refactoring
And of course a lot of bugs have been squashed: see HISTORY.txt in the package for complete details.
What is Silva?
Silva is an enterprise-class CMS for managing content for the web, print, and other media. Content is stored in clean and future-proof XML, independent of layout and presentation. Features include a multi-version workflow system, XSLT rendering support, integral WYSIWYG editor (Kupu), content reuse in multiple publications, sophisticated access management, extensive import/export facilities, fine-grained templating, and hi-res image storage and manipulation. Silva is entirely open source.
For more complete information, see the Silva Product Pages at http://www.infrae.com/products/silva.
The package can be downloaded from http://www.infrae.com/download/Silva/.
Links to developer mailing lists, the issue tracker, and info about CVS access can be found on the Silva Product pages.
FMI contact Guido Wesdorp, guido at infrae com, +31 10 243 7051.