Silva 1.5.10 Released
Publication date: 20.February.2007, 17:08
20 february 2007 – Infrae has just released version 1.5.10 of the Silva content management system. This is a maintenance release that includes default layout performance improvements, additions to the documentation, and fixes for various minor issues.
Changes in Silva and related products
A list of the most important changes follows. For complete details of the fixed issues see HISTORY.txt in the packages.
- Added an explicit base tag to the layout template, so that it no longer includes a trailing slash which Zope adds for all container-like objects, which Silva Documents are. This means that linking to anchors now works like you would expect it to. Users should add a base tag to their own layout templates.
- Default installations will have the html meta tags and accessibility links skipped in the layout macro to have better out of the box performance. Site managers can turn them on as needed.
- Changed css styling of the preview publisher buttons, making it easier for users to integrate the publisher into their own layout.
- Renovated the TOC/AutoToc rendering, replacing the ancient, legacy, Netscape4 compatible image-based indent, with CSS based indenting. Users should update frontend.css with the new selectors for the TOC levels.
- Solved problem with trailing slashes in relative Links (thanks to Benno Luthiger).
- MetadataTool.getMetadataValue did not work correctly for Ghosts and Ghost Folders, it does now.
What is Silva?
Silva is a powerful CMS for organizations that manage complex websites. Content is stored in clean and futureproof XML, independent of layout and presentation. Features include versioning, workflow system, integral visual editor (Kupu), content reuse, sophisticated access control, multi-site management, extensive import/export facilities, fine-grained templating, and hi-res image storage and manipulation.
For more complete information, see the Silva Product Pages at http://infrae.com/products/silva/.
The package can be downloaded from: http://infrae.com/download/Silva.
Links to developer mailing lists, the Silva issue tracker, and info about SVN access can be found on the Silva intro page.
FMI contact Eric Casteleijn, eric at infrae com, +31 10 243 7051.